Thursday 24 April 2014

Concoctions Shampyou




When I was first contacted about trying Concoctions hair products I have to admit I had never heard of them. However it didn't take long to realise that Concoctions are quickly becoming a well known name in the beauty business.

The independent brand was set up in 2010 with the aim to becoming a totally new type of beauty brand.
Concoctions allows you to create your own personal Shampoo blend, individually customised to your hair type and colour.You also choose your own fragrance to finish off your perfect shampoo.

The range consist of 4 fragranced base blends - Lemon Verbena, Bakhour, Rosemary & Mint or Black Pepper Citrus. All the base blends are enriched with essential oils, vitamin e and pro vitamin b5 as well as oligopeptides extracted from natural silk and an ionic system.

After choosing your base blend you then select two Superserums. There are eight to pick from including Back to your roots, beautiful brunette, curl me up and turn up the volume.
The Superserums are added to the base blend and shaken to create your custom "Shampyou" which is both silicone and paraben free.

I received the Citrus Pepper base blend which I was super skeptical about as the sound of a pepper scented hair product just did not appeal to me. However I was pleasantly surprised, it smells really fresh and clean. It isn't over the top citrus and I don't really get any peppery notes coming through.
To go with the base blend I got two Superserums "Back To Your Roots" and "Gimme More Moisture"
I found the blend really pleasant to use, I needed a lot less product than usual to create an abundance of super soft foam. I also got the Cashmere and White Lilly conditioner which smells like you have washed your hair in an expensive designer perfume. And even better, the scent hangs around for ages after.


Concoction have launched a crowd funding campaign to help spread the word about their products and services. Via the campaign they are offering people the chance to try Concoction products at a discount with the added bonus of your very own personalised bottle. The base blend plus two shots is normally £14 but you can grab these for just £10 plus free delivery up until May 9th 2014 from www.concoctionclub.com


No comments:

Post a Comment